parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, April 20, 2006
    More on the slump
    on this lack of motivation to do anything law-related. Today is really only the second day, but it feels horrid. I think that I'm not giving enough credit to the fact that my Beautiful Ones are not home, and I miss them, and I don't like them not being home. Their absence also messes with my routines.

    Today it was so bad - coupled with yesterday being so bad - that i'm home. I didn't go to school. i stared at books and hung shelves instead of reading for today's classes, so i made the decision to stay home and do the reading for the classes instead of attending the classes without having done the reading. And in between reading, spend the time straightening the house for both the girls' homecoming tomorrow afternoon, and my parents' visit on Saturday.

    how productive have i been toward either of those goals? not at all. actually, just posting on my blog is a showing of increased productivity over the past 4.5 hours. I went for a run. at 8. i took a shower. i made coffee. really, that's it.

    This is the first time I have *ever* just stayed home from school. I never skip class. I'm a nerd like that. I just feel so disengaged from school right now, that I felt that it was a good day to stay home. Beloved gave me a funny look when I shared my intentions. I justified myself to him by pointing out the fact that once the girls are home, our old routines are back in place, and there is really no chance of missing ONE DAY of class turning into a trend. He either agreed, or pretended to, and left me alone about my purposeful irresponsibility. well, he did cast a hateful look my way this a.m. while he was dressed in his work garb and i was lounging around in a nightgown.

    So hopefully after I post this, I will be able to continue the uptick of productivity, and create SOMETHING to show for this day. Something. Either some reading, or some cleaning, or some organizing, SOMETHING.

    i miss my girls.
    posted by Zuska @ 1:18 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?