parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, January 25, 2006
    ya know, mornings SUCK
    this is a 100% Mom post.

    I cannot stand the mornings. I hate hate hate them. I already hate having to wake before 8:30, and since the kids' school starts at 8, I'm pretty much shit out of luck there.

    But right now, Thing One is in Math League at the school at 7:30, and she needs to leave the house 3 days/week with beloved at 7:20. She just cannot get herself to move past "running 10 minutes late" speed - b/c I have been waking her up 5 minutes earlier each day, and she is always the same - it's 7:20, and she's scrambling to get things together. No - not scrambling. Plodding.

    Of course, the solution is to have her backpack and everything that she needs by the door the night before. But that requires a MOTHER who is on track 100% of the time, and she just plum doesn't have that. I suck at that kind of thing. I think of everything .... just all within that same 10 minutes before she's ready to leave the house.

    Then Thing Two and I leave at 7:50. Supposedly. We often don't leave until 7:53. at that point, i'm rushing to get all of her stuff together, and my stuff, b/c I go straight to work after dropping her off.

    Today, we forgot her lunch on the kitchen counter. I had told her "brush your teeth, then get your lunch box" and she did .... something else. I'm not sure what, but we left the house without her lunch, and on the way to school she smiled at me - and eww. I had to scrub her teeth right there on the sidewalk with my glove. ewwww!!! Fortunately, I was not going into work today (acupuncture in the a.m., work at home until leaving for the State House to witness another debate over another bill), so I was able to go put her lunch in the fridge so it can be consumed by her tomorrow, instead of by the trash can today.

    The scariest part of all this is that next quarter, I have 8:30 classes every day. So I really won't be able to be running late - and there is always so much more to gather in the a.m. when I'm going to school, as opposed to work. When I go to school, I need my laptop, my a/c adapter, my iPod, my plug for my ipod (need those mid-day charges sometimes), and this quarter, I'll need gym clothes, and then - oh yeah - books. ha.

    I guess I need to work out some kind of system - but I am not sure what. We've been doing this for 4 years, and I have been running late for most of that time, and no matter what "system" i think of, it falls apart.
    posted by Zuska @ 10:28 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?