parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, January 23, 2006
    blah dee blah
    I’m having a relatively quiet day at work, so I am being bad, and posting from here.

    There is a meeting tonight at this organization and I am going to witness a debate over an issue that I have researched extensively. I was just informed that the board members may end up directing some questions at me, knowing that I did some of the leg work on the issue. It’s a super complex issue, and I hope all goes okay.

    (Meanwhile, my evaluations are presently sitting IN MY MAILBOX, while I am here, 3 miles away.) I was able to register for classes today. I also completed the little “credit hours worksheet” to see if I’ll be in okay shape for completing all my required credits. Uh, yeah. I will. In undergrad, I had one semester with 21 credit hours. I just realized that I really only need 12 for my final two quarters in law school. I have NOTHING substantive to say right now. Why am I even posting? I have substantive things going on in my head, but they’re work and client related, and therefore cannot be shared.

    We are going away this weekend. It is the Chinese New Year this weekend, and in the past, that has been a special weekend for beloved and i. we think of it as our anniversary, of sorts. This will be our 5th. All others were spent on the Left Coast, in San Francisco’s Chinatown, and consisted of a day trip. This year is new and different – we are dropping the girly-q’s off at my mom and dad’s, and heading to the Big City to see that *other* Chinatown. We’re even staying overnight in a hotel!! Oh, the luxury. The shame of this year’s Chinatown exploits is that there is no new Lord of the Rings movie to watch. The first three years of our togetherness, that was how we ended our day – by going to see the latest installment of the trilogy (the first was my favorite). Last year, I suppose, we did not go to any Chinese New Year celebration. I was in the throes of my first year of law school, and we had not yet put the pieces together to see how accessible NYC is to us.

    But this year I had that small financial treat, and I’m working – not schooling, and the kids really have a great time with my parents, and so beloved and I are off for some fun. We’re staying in a really cool hotel which I *think* is walking distance both to Greenwich Village (which I’ve never been to), and Chinatown. Too bad there is no House of Nan King there. Man, is their food good. They do Japanese eggplant like no other. (oh, except for Pho 84 in Oakland, which I may very well be eating at one month from today!!! Woo hoo!!)

    I will have to do some research (and any suggestions are welcome) into the *best* restaurant in NYC’s Chinatown. I do not mean the fanciest, not by any means (house of nan king was FAR from fancy, and I think ran about $7/plate). I mean the absolute YUMMIEST.

    Thanks a bunch. Off to do some research into what damages are available in first amendment suits. Bye-bye.
    posted by Zuska @ 3:18 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?