parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, January 24, 2006
    isn't this supposed to be illegal?
    so - i went to the meeting of the board of my organization. things went well. then i came home. i was *soooo* anxious about my EVALUATIONS that i was forced to watch a video on my ipod during the train ride in order to keep my nerves at a normal level. i was planning my entry into the home as i was walking from the train to the house..... "first, say hi to the girls. ask them how their day was. find out how things went for beloved. remember to ask Thing One how cello practice went. be sure to see if Thing Two was able to have her friend come over after school. see if the cats' new fancy water system arrived .... then, and only THEN do you ask beloved where the envelope from the school is. Must. Keep. Priorities. Grades. Do. Not. Matter. That. Much. (Especially. Since. You. Don't. Get. Grades.)

    I got home. The girls said, "do you hear that noise?" they meant the new watering system for the cats.* I said, "how was your day?" My eyes were on the coffee table, where mail gets plopped. they told me. i didn't hear them. Thing One stood up and showed me that she ripped her knew very nice stone colored khaki style ($20) pants today due to icey walkways. i said (properly) "oh! did you hurt your knee??!!" I went into my room (pretending to hang up my suit jacket) to look and see if beloved put the large envelope on my pillow. girls talked. beloved talked. talk talk talk talk. where are my grades!!! oops. that was outloud.

    they did not arrive. i do not know why. in the spring, when they mailed my grades, i got them the next day. they come from boston. i live one zipcode away from boston. literally one mile. why? why would it take from friday to TUESDAY? when will the agony end? i do not understand. i am upset. i am frustrated. this is torture. torture i tell you. the one consolation --- the inheritance i received gave me the license (internally) to subscribe to the Nation. It arrived today. salve for the soul. (not as much as my FUCKING EVALUATIONS would have been). at least i got to watch 24 without agonizing over the shoddy narrative i got from my family law professor.

    * when Boots got sick last week, one thing we wondered (the vet, beloved, and i) was if he was getting enough water. Both cats tend to prefer drinking from my leaky bathtub more than they do from their water dish, but the leak isn’t consistent. So we splurged on something that has caught our eye for some time – one of those flowing water dishes for cats. it's a little loud - makes the sound of gurgling water - but no louder than a fish tank. The little kitty was slightly afraid of it last night. I'm not sure if they're using it yet, but I think once they get used to it, they'll LOVE it.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:33 AM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?