parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, January 24, 2006
    and this is what i was waiting for?
    they came. my evaluations. i am not surprised, and on the borderline of pleased. I think. I got some of the lowest "grades" that I've yet to receive, but I know that I had a trade off going b/t the class i taught, and the other 3. Evidence was a happy surprise. I'm glad to see that Zuska can still Cram, just like in high school.

    Family Law came with the longest narrative I have ever received in my LIFE, and I think the most I ever WILL receive. (it was also the lowest grade/evaluation I have yet to receive here - a "good") She wrote LITERALLY 17 pages - I kid you not - typed, single spaced. 10 pages about my take home exam (which was 12 pages long), and 7 pages about my research paper (which was 8 pages long). They were all just for me - they're not part of my transcript. The "official" evaluation is one page.

    I'd never had an evaluation like this before. She discussed (and ripped apart) every sentence I wrote. She was much more complimentary of my research paper, which she actually gave a "Very Good" and said it was close to an "Excellent" - so I'm hoping that since that comes first on the "official" page that people will get bored of reading after that, and skip where she says something about me being good at everything BUT the family law concepts in the take home exam. Seriously. She did say that. If anyone wants some snippets, I won't mind typing some of the funnier parts up. It will help me process, I'm sure.

    i have now been humbled. I wish I took Balancing Security and Liberty, instead.

    The other day, Lyco had asked if these evaluations are "helpful." I had never had a professor who was quite so prolific, and certainly not one who criticized (constructively, I'm sure) every single sentence I wrote. In some ways, yes, she was very helpful. On the research paper part of my evaluation (a mere 7 pages), she did talk about ways I could improve in a constructive way that I can take with me. HOWEVER, the 10 pages devoted to the take home exam, which was a fact pattern, was hugely unhelpful, in that it rehashes fact after fact after fact, and there is nothing i can do with this information (other than burn it). I honestly had a hard time reading it. She was talking about each party's income, and what their bills were, etc., and I just don't care anymore.

    Two of my other evaluations were 1 page (really, 1 paragraph), and one was 2 pages - that was the class that i taught, and it's b/c the entire first page is needed to describe the class, which is very unique to my law school -- not a word about me. The second page is about me. 2 pages is the longest I've ever gotten -- until today. With the 18 page monster.
    posted by Zuska @ 7:23 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?