parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, December 04, 2005
    new jobs and ex-jobs .... really, i'll get to both.
    My winter job is going great. I love the things that i'm working on. I hope I'm doing well. I have that new-job jittery feeling where i'm afraid everything i write is crap, and that i have no business trying to be a lawyer b/c surely i suck. the people i work with are oozing intelligence from their pores, and I'm impressed, and slightly intimidated. I love the research, and I love the writing, and I love the issues. I am not so thrilled with non-stop sitting and working at the same desk staring at the same computer all day. I don't really take a lunch, but rather eat at my desk. So it's really 8 hours straight. By Friday, 3:30 felt like my end-point. I *could* take a lunch - a real "leave your desk and even the building" lunch, and so I think I will. I will start doing so tomorrow.

    one nice thing is that my office-mate is a May'05 graduate from my law school. oddly, she is the one who guided my tour of the school when i came to visit to be sure i wanted to attend in april of '04. very odd!! she's very cool, and it's nice to get to know her.

    The ex-jobs part -- my beloved ended his job on the weds. before thanksgiving. he will not be even attempting to start something new until the first of the year. i wish wish wish that i could have my way, and he could just NOT start something new. I am very hopeful that upon my graduation, that will be the case. but for now, i get a little treat of knowing that all is well at home. that if the storm that's predicted for monday night/tuesday all-day does actually hit and the girls' school calls a snow day for Tuesday - we're fine! that if the girls' colds (which are creating a chorus of coughs from the other room as i type) worsen instead of improve - we're fine!! That any calls from school, any emergencies with the cats, any ANYTHING can be covered without worry, stress, and an [unnecessary] ulcer on my part.

    As I think I mentioned in the last post - we got snow today. It's really beautiful. It's kind of rare that we get snow in time for my b-day, but it's here. Tomorrow night, however, we have a real doozy of a storm planned. They say that they're "uncertain" - but it looks like it will be at least 6 inches, and potentially much more. i do not know how my new employer treats these things, but i think it's likely that i'll be traipsing into work in the deep, deep snow on tuesday and perhaps wednesday. that will be fun!!!

    Thing One tried out for a play on Thursday. She read lines for the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz, and for her "singing" try out, she sang "Singin' in the Rain." The play is for 2-6th graders, and 4th grade is the first year they can be "actors." She's in 4th grade now. I think that guarantees that her part will be small (she wasn't necessary trying out for the Scarecrow part, they gave limited segments of the script for kids to try out with), b/c I think that they give 6th graders the biggest parts. But she knew her song cold before this came up, and she memorized her parts really quick, and she does a good job with inflection. I wonder if b/c of the controlled setting of the audition, she did okay, and will then get a bigger part, and then will FREAK OUT when the actual play comes. Yikes!

    Beloved and I also had her parent/teacher conference on Thursday. She is very smart, very creative, has a beautiful writing voice, but is kind of lazy when it comes to editing and ... capitalization (???!!!! -- she's known these principles since 2nd grade) ... she falls short. but not so short that she isn't at an 8th grade level in all things language arts! ha ha ha!!

    oh wait. i'm not a ridiculously proud mother. (did i mention that thing two is barely a 1/2 step behind, even though she's 2 grades younger????)

    tee hee.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:12 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?