parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, November 20, 2005
    A very good weekend
    Well, for the most part. my beloved and i bickered a bit on saturday - but our plans kept us in different places, so there was not a toxicity to build up too much, and we made up before sleeping, and he (as he does every night) scratched my back for 1/2 hour while we chatted in the dark ....

    Thing One and I *loved* Harry Potter. she is a very exuberant girl. We took the T home, and she was chattering on and on about all the differences between the movie and the book. She was highly affronted about many differences (i.e., that hte dragon broke its chain; that the Beetle wasn't there - and worst of all .... where were the Blast Ended Skrewts??!!). People on the train were rather entranced by her analysis of the movie -- and she was clueless. Ah, my Thing One. She is often clueless about the social environs around her.

    Thing Two had two birthday parties to go to. She had a great time.

    Haircuts!!! They went great! I love mine. My hair went from 1/2 way between the bra strap and the waist to flirting with the shoulders. 10+ inches came off, which means Locks of Love is getting My Hair. What's left is now flippy and light and bouncy - rather than heavy and drab.

    Thing One - her length was as long as mine (also closer to 12 inches than 10 ... therefore donated!), and now it is much shorter, and frames her face in a lovely way. And her hair looks healthy and strong and silky around her wonderful face!!! (Did I ever mention that she looks a LOT like me?)

    Thing Two was not scheduled to participate in the festivities. Due to her own refusal. Thing One and I were in the chairs while Thing Two sat watching her family's transformation with huge eyes. Then she said perhaps a trim? Then she said, well, perhaps a cut like Mommy's? Then she got in the chair, and her hair was just shy of the 10 inch minimum for donation, and she finally gave in - okay, do the extra 1/2 inch!! And now - she looks fantastic! She had very long blond, but slightly thin and drab hair. Now she has very perky flippy beautiful blond hair!
    Now my Beloved is introducing the girly-q's to some Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin (which they LOVE!!!) and I'm off to shower so I can try my own hand at making my new hair presentable.

    Since this is a week "off" for me ... I have the very ambitious goal to give the cold weather the finger and start some regular Exercise. I plan to go for a bit of a run/walk/jog in the a.m. tomorrow, as the beginning of a new routine. Since school won't be keeping me up until all hours, I should be able to rise and shine early enough to get some exercise in. Tomorrow's day One. Please wish me luck. I miss the very thin and svelt zuska. I deserve a new body-image to go with the new hair-image.
    posted by Zuska @ 7:27 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Mieke said…

      Sounds like a great hair cut experience.

      Have a wonderful and relaxing week.

       
    • At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:18:00 PM, Blogger manababies said…

      Wow you have long hair! Mine is just at the bra strap, the longest it's been in my life. I'm not sure if I want to cut it, but then, newly cut hair feels so good. Still trying to convince my daughter to cut her hair. I love a good cut on young girls, the way it frames the face. :)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?