parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, August 10, 2007
    Beloved is Stylin'!
    I did not really come home with new stuff. I got a cool bag, which is my new gym bag. But I bought it because I needed a carry on to carry the stuff I bought for others.

    This is fine. I am starting work in a little while, and I need a LOT of stuff, and I'm going to get a LOT of stuff. Expensive stuff. Suits. Watches (perhaps singular, but doubtful), jewelry, manicures, etc.

    But Beloved .... he isn't about to start a new job.

    Let's also say that last summer, I had a fun job that paid me obnoxious amounts of money, and I bought a lot of stuff. Clothes. Jewelry. Well, not really lots, but compared to Beloved, who had an "internship" for the summer ... lots. I think I likely treated him to goodies, and I know we enjoyed weekend (and longer) trips galore, and many dinners out. But I don't remember buying him clothes like I bought myself.

    On this trip?

    Beloved got outfitted.

    Shirts, Pants, and a new wedding band.

    Remember, I recently wrecked my wedding band, and had to get a new one? I have just loved it. I think that when the income starts, and we are into our new routines, and lifestyle, I may actually see what I can do to get a new one made in Platinum or Titanium, I love it so much.

    The center of the ring (click on the link above to see a photo) is a spinning inset. The flowers SPIN. It seemed very unique to me, but I have since learned that, really, it's not so special. Spinning rings exist. Not only on my finger.

    But I love mine.

    When we were in Paris, in some area with fun shops on the way to the Picasso Museum (which I believe means we were near to, if not in, the Bastille?), we came across what I call an "indian shop" (as in India), but I think that's a narrow categorization. Men's rings were displayed in the window, and we entered.

    Beloved found a ring:
    Beloved bought the ring. Beloved wears the ring. Guess what?

    The ring spins!!

    It's his new wedding band.

    Later, in Amsterdam, I bought a hippy-girl shirt at a flea market. It was 5 Euros (so I guess I did get something). Beloved later thought, "it would be fun to buy clothes here - perhaps clothes I don't typically wear" (because despite our California origins, we're relatively conservative peoples).

    The hunt began.

    In Haarlem, a small village outside of Amsterdam, we found low prices on European clothing.

    Beloved bought 5 shirts.

    Then, back in Amsterdam, where prices weren't too much higher, we found some ... well, shorts? capris? Which look so great on him! They are long shorts. One pair is normal cargo shorts that go just past the knee. The other is a very cool (just conservative enough) plaid (!!!) which is a little longer, but looks so great on him.

    This required a second carry-on bag purchase, but it doesn't hurt for Beloved to have a gym bag, too ....

    Right?

    Who cares. He looks hot.

    Labels: , ,

    posted by Zuska @ 10:05 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?