parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, July 26, 2007
    Done!!
    Today felt infinitely better than yesterday. The afternoon today felt infinitely better than this morning.

    Tonight feels infinitely better than 2 nights ago, and infinitely x10 better than 2 nights ago. Hell, than 2 months ago!!

    I was lucky today. I was tested on things I had studied. There were things I didn't know, so I had to flub (WHY, after all these months, do I not know with confidence how and when prior convictions can be used against an accused???), but this afternoon, there was more that I knew, and I felt pretty good.

    Except my hand. It hurt. Still does. 10 essays is a LOT.

    I really freaked myself out last night. I was so tired, I had great, vast difficulties reviewing my state info for the essays. When I tried to look at the "Mass Distinctions," nothing felt familiar, and I felt like I would NOT be okay. I thought, "Zuska, you have done so many practice essays, and you've done well - just go read some essay Q's and their answers, and then you'll feel better." Instead, the questions seemed like they came from a different state, and the answers felt like they came from a different planet.

    I went to bed thinking, "I'm not ready. I can't do this."

    I was ready, though.

    Except, I don't seem to know what the hell Miranda is, and I don't know what the effect is of a police officer not identifying himself, and abusing the crap out of someone for like 45 minutes before he finally says, "oh yeah, I'm a cop."

    Also, when they say we are supposed to use IRAC, don't they mean, "just say, 'a property owner has no duty to trespassers'" and then move on? No? Really?

    I'm all done.

    Harry Potter, a bottle of wine, a pint of ice cream. That is my evening.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 6:20 PM  
    6 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?