parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, December 02, 2006
    That's my girl!!
    J. was the lead in a play tonight. She was *so cute* and did *so well* and is just such a great kid. She tried so hard and practiced so much, and deserved her (first) night in the spotlight.

    The Ex came, with his wife. They got here early and called to say that they wanted to come get the girls. I said they couldn't have j., b/c she had to eat and get to the play, and they couldn't take her, but I let them have e. They came inside, and saw the girls' room. My parents were here. It was awkward, to say the least. They (parents) decided to leave and go get me some Allagash Tripel. Mmmm. Allagash Tripel.

    The Ex and his wife were both very civil, and his wife even got a little cozier and chattier with me.

    I wonder if it makes her worry or ask hersef questions? As she sees that I have no horns and I am not the devil ... why, then, am I no longer with her husband?

    BECAUSE HE'S AN ASS!! RUN, WOMAN, RUN!! BEFORE YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITH HIM!!

    And he keeps insisting on growing his hair, and keeping a goatee, and he looks kinda (or really) bad.

    I still find no flaws with his wife (other than her taste in men).

    The play went great, and then my parents and my kids and my beloved and i went out for our "bday dinner" - although we chose a restaurant we knew my parents would be happy with, not one that we would have gone to on our own. The food wasn't bad, though.

    Came home, ate cake (yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting made my mom), ushered kids to bed, and now am in bed, tired as hell for 10:56 p.m. I'm usually fine to continue for some time. But parents and ex's and plays just suck the life out of me.

    So I'm going to bed. Soon. Very soon.

    With my new ear plugs. Which may very well be the things that save my marriage before it starts ;)

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 10:49 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?