parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, December 15, 2006
    Lunchtime Meme
    I found this over at Mad Mom's place, and thought it would be a good thing to do while sipping on soup. My soup has strange stick-like things in it. They're yummy, so I'm not gonna complain.

    These are the "rules" (which were made for scoffing at, as I will explain):

    1. Go to http://popculturemadness.com/Music/index.html, and find the greatest hits for the year you turned 18 (1990 for me)

    2. Select the first 50 [to which I say - pshaw. #51 is INXS, and if you even THINK I'm leaving that off, well, you're wrong. So then I decided to do all 75. B/c it's funner.]

    3. Bold the ones you like [no. I will make the ones I like purple]

    I also decide that the ones I LOVED will be LARGER, too.

    4. Strike out the ones you hate [this is why I changed the rules ... i don't know HOW to strike out. So the ones I don't like will be RED]

    5. Italicize the ones you are familiar with but neither like nor hate [these will be BLUE]

    6. Leave the ones you don't know as is [yeah, they'll be the default - black].

    Also - I'm doing it according to my opinion in 1990. Not my opinion in 2006 (I almost typed 2004).

    1990 Greatest Hits

    1. Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
    2. Here and Now - Luthor Vandross
    3. I Wanna Be Rich - Calloway
    4. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
    5. U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
    6. Groove Is In The Heart - Dee Lite
    7. Vogue - Madonna
    8. Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
    9. Here We Are - Gloria Estefan
    10. Everybody Everybody - Black Box
    11. Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi
    12. Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega/D.N.A.
    13. She Ain't Worth It - Glenn Medeirous
    14. Step By Step - New Kids On The Block
    15. Unskinny Bop - Poison
    16. From A Distance - Bette Midler
    17. Cherry Pie - Warrent
    18. The Power - Snap!
    19. Love Will Lead You Back - Taylor Dayne
    20. All My Life - Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville
    21. The Way You Do The Things You Do - UB40
    22. Just A Friend - Biz Markie
    23. Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
    24. Hippychick - Soho
    25. Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic
    26. Jerk-Out - The Time
    27. Janie's Got A Gun - Aerosmith
    28. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
    29. Miracle - Jon Bon Jovi

    30. Joey - Concrete Blonde
    31. Epic - Faith No More
    32. It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
    33. Cradle Of Love - Billy Idol
    34. This Old Heart Of Mine - Rod Stewart and Ronald Isley
    35. Close To You - Maxi Priest
    36. (Can't Live Without) Your Love and Affection - Nelson
    37. Vision Of Love - Mariah Carey
    38. Wiggle It - 2 In A Room
    39. I Don't Have The Heart - James Ingram
    40. All Around The World - Lisa Stansfield
    41. That's What I Like - Jive Bunny (50s medley)
    42. Heart Of The Matter - Don Henley
    43. Swing The Mood - Jive Bunny (1940s medley)
    44. Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
    45. Do Me! - Bel Biv Devoe
    46. Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
    47. Up All Night - Slaughter
    48. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven - Phil Collins
    49. Downtown Train - Rod Stewart
    50. Freedom - George Michael
    51. Suicide Blonde - INXS
    52. Pictures of You - Cure
    53. Dirty Deeds - Joan Jett
    54. King Of Wishful Thinking - Go West
    55. Escapade - Janet Jackson
    56. Cuts Both Ways - Gloria Estefan
    57. Think - Information Society
    58. Lambada - Kaoma
    59. Two To Make It Right - Seduction
    60. Oyo Mi Canto (Hear My Voice) - Gloria Estefan
    61. Got To Get - Leila K with Rob 'n' Raz
    62. L.A. Woman - Billy Idol
    63. Bad Love - Eric Clapton
    64. Free Fallin' - Tom Petty
    65. Black Cat - Janet Jackson
    66. I'm Free - The Soup Dragons
    67. Dangerous - Roxette
    68. You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Jimmy Somerville
    69. Deadbeat Club - B-52s
    70. Doin' The Do - Betty Boo
    71. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You - Heart
    72. Hungry - Lita Ford
    73. Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul & The Wild Pair
    74. 911 Is A Joke - Public Enemy
    75.
    I'm Your Baby Tonight - Whitney Houston

    I can't believe how many I don't know. Depending on my energy level when I'm at home, I may go and listen to some of these, and see if I know them by sound, if not by title.
    posted by Zuska @ 2:15 PM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?