parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, December 12, 2006
    Al Pastor
    Beloved and I are sort of behind the 8-ball lately. I feel like I can speak for him when I say that, b/c he said it himself.

    Tuesdays had been, for a few weeks, my night to cook. Today, you may have noticed, is Tuesday.

    But Beloved hasn't gone on a big shopping trip in quite some time, and I haven't been able to look more than one day into the future.

    So this morning (perhaps late last night, with 3 kids running around screaming, my living room dead to me, and tons of work in front of me) we realized that not only did we not have a dinner plan, but we had no food. Oops.

    I pulled my usual ... "let's go out." I did pick a very reasonably priced and distanced Taqueria in the neighborhood that we haven't been to in a while (b/c I haven't been so good at finding reasonable prices lately), and eventually we decided that was the best thing to do.

    I had Al Pastor tacos, at $1.35 a piece (3 make a mini-meal; 4 make a meal, and 5 make Zuska stuffed .... I had 4).

    Tomorrow night, e.'s after-school program is having a family pot luck. We are BUYING potato salad, dumping it into a bowl, and passing it off as my own creation. (yes, beloved, MY own creation!). Then Beloved is going out with some friends, and the girls and I have some Solstice-prep plans .... if we can get cello practice and homework done F-A-S-T. We shall see.

    Thursday? We have nothing. NOTHING. Nada.

    Solstice is a week from Thursday.

    I think I'm gonna throw up.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:04 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?