parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, December 12, 2006
    Chaos (as usual)
    Yesterday was insane at work and at home. e. had a friend sleep over, which I would never allow on a school night, but the friend's mom had to be out of town for work, and needed a hand.

    But wow. 3 giggly girls is a huge jump up from 2. We strung cranberries and popcorn for the tree, and I felt like I was the one-person audience for a 3-person show. It was like they were all performing - for each other, for me - whatever. It was really really chaotic, and try as I might, I couldn't get them to calm down.

    Part of it, I think, is I don't know where the line is for getting other kids (not my own) in line. I'm not going to send a friend to her room ... she doesn't have a room. I tried pulling e. aside and asking her to calm down, and I did ask teh friend to chill some - but she didn't. Either did e. , really.

    I went running this a.m. at 5, and the girls woke up. They never wake up when I leave the house (but they're not generally sleeping on the couches, either, which e. and her friend did today, since we don't have an extra bed). I usually come back and sit on the couch checking e-mail while I cool off before my shower, and today I couldn't do it that.

    I'm all thrown off.

    I'm also PMSing pretty bad, and I'm having a very stubborn month. Like where the "P"-part is so drawn out - why can't it just ARRIVE already? There's no doubt it's on its way .... but I'm sick of getting zits and being bloated. COME ON!!!

    Between the PMS, some slight congestion I've been fighting, and my exhausting Monday - I was a lazy butt this a.m. I barely ran, I mostly walked, and some may even have called it a "stroll" were they to witness the majority of my time out there. But I got up and I went out, and that is better than staying in bed .... I'm sure I'll be more rejuvinated tomorrow a.m. - after having a normal night.

    Now back to work. Man, do I have a lot to do!! The assignments are definitely coming in faster than I'm finishing. I wish my summer was more like this. So far, I'm getting enough assignments that are conducive to me bringing them home to work on that I haven't been having to stay late. I worked for about an hour last night before passing out, and will do the same tonight. Well, hopefully more than an hour tonight. Since I won't be dealing with a Circus in my house.

    Labels: ,

    posted by Zuska @ 8:57 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?