parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, December 08, 2006
    Temporarily Winter
    This morning when I woke up at 5 a.m., it was approximately 28 degrees outside. I went for a run anyway, properly bundled in 4 layers with a scarf and ear warmer. The wind was whipping around, but insulated by houses and trees, I didn't feel it much. Until I got to the reservoir. Then it felt like ICE was being pelted at my face. It was lightly snowing, but I couldn't see the stuff, b/c it is dark at that time of day. I am almost certain that it made me run faster, and I had little complaints.

    I returned to the house to find that the temperature had actually DROPPED 5 degrees while I was out there.

    And since then? It's dropped another 4!! It looks so cold out there!! It's 19 degrees and the wind is still whipping little biting baby snowflakes around. It's like DUST. There's no accumulation, no nothing - just white dusty coldness.

    By Sunday, however, we're back into the 50's. I was wanting to complain about that, but when I realized that it means I won't be frostbit while running, I decided to be grateful.

    But I would like some real snow. Please?

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 12:09 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Friday, December 08, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      I can't believe you ran in that weather Zus! You are officially on my top hard core chicas list.

       
    • At Friday, December 08, 2006 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      As I was (jogging) around the reservoir, I was saying (talking out loud to myself) that you would THINK that I was either a die-hard triathelete or a crusty new englander -- when in reality, I think I'm neither (certainly not the athlete). I'm just trying SO HARD to establish good habits, and once I say, "oh, it's 28 out!" then next time it's, "oh, I see a cloud in the sky!"

      Besides, I learned once in my past that 18 degrees is my limit. I can exercise outdoors as long as it's 18 or above. Then it gets to be too much, and I stay home.

       
    • At Friday, December 08, 2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger LawSchoolMom said…

      Ok, Z, you guilted me into running today. We have sunny skies and 65 degrees so I definitely cannot complain. Oh, wait...I think I see a cloud :-)

      Btw, congrats on kicking the MPRE in the ass!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?