parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, October 18, 2006
    reality is sinking in
    i wrote the check today. $175 to bar bri. i suppose i can no longer maintain my refusal to acknowledge that i will be taking the bar exam. hopefully the MPRE will be a happy little orientation to what's to come. I have my bar bri book. It was "free" with the $175 I paid. Cute.

    i think i'm taking the review course next friday. fun way to spend a friday, eh?

    J's soccer practice was canceled today. problem was - no one told us. so beloved went over to the school with J's bag in hand, hunted her down on the playground where she was with the after-school program, just to have her tell him that the news of the cancellation had been passed around "telephone style" - originating with the mother of the girl who was covering for their coach today.

    "telephone style" does NOT mean that the woman picked up the damned TELEPHONE. Nor does it mean she used her TELEPHONE LINE to send an e-mail. Even though all of us have the team roster, and have access to everyone else's telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.

    that pisses me off.

    you know what ELSE pisses me off? Damned forwarded e-mails. when people send me CRAP just b/c it happened to cross in front of their noses, and they for some reason found it "interesting" or "worth noting." Once it was one of those "congratulations to those of us born in the 60's and 70's for SURVIVING" and then went off on a litany of "freedoms" that "lawyers" took away from kids and childhood. Freedoms including:
    • not wearing seatbelts.
    • sitting in the backseat of a car, at the age of 2 or 3, or perhaps even 1, without any restraint system whatsoever (also known as the freedom to fly out of a windshield, head first, when mommy was too busy reaching in the back seat to find your bottle to notice that the light was red)
    • sleeping on your stomach in your crib at ages under 6 month with plastic covered pillows up against your face so that you could stop breathing and die
    • riding a bicycle without a helmet - since we know that bicycles are so much less fun without helmets - it would be much better to be able to ride a bicycle without a helmet, have your tire get caught in a rut on the road, and hit your head on a rock (at age 8, mind you), causing severe brain damage with which you could live out the rest of your life in your mother's house.
    Yes, lets curse progress. lets curse saved lives and lower fatality rates. no problem.

    today's cute little e-mail gem was some odd "press release" from the summer of 2004 ranting and raving about Barack Obama's heritage, and how his entire life is a pack of lies, b/c he has not come straight out and admitted to being a MUSLIM. The "press release" itself did not say it was a bad thing if Obama were a Muslim (although the preamble to thing said his information was potentially proof that Obama was a danger to "Jews in America") - but the comments that were inspired! Unbelievable.

    Why would someone send ME that? Why, so I can hear both sides of the "issue" of course. What issue? What the hell? The dude won the election 3 months after the damned "press release" started floating around on the internet, where's the issue? Oh, b/c he "might run for president." So then, yes. Let's start the smear campaign now.

    But do me a favor - start with someone else. Apparently, the people to start with are those who have been convinced that Muslim=evil. And those who won't bother to fact check the crap that comes into their inbox.

    I have never done well at just rolling my eyes at things that come to my inbox (from people I know and who know me - or should know me well enough to do better at sending me things I may be interested in). A few years ago, my mom sent me some "if you don't accept Jesus as your savior, you will go to hell" chain mail, and I went off on her. I called her to task for sending it to me - despite the fact that we've had numerous conversations, and agreed to respect each other's differing perspectives, and then I went off on the ridiculously faulty logic that the thing put forth.

    yeah, my mood is slightly foul.

    but on a good (but weird) note - I got my draft brief back from my "professor." I said it was "very strong" and that my argument had "excellent organization." pfft. did not.

    off to pick up E., and then go home to meet Beloved and J. no work tonight - I've done enough for one day, and have a good chunk of time before class tomorrow to do more. Tonight is Lost, and hopefully (!!) sex.
    posted by Zuska @ 4:39 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger dlz said…

      i'd just like to take this moment to thank you for announcing our evenings extracurricular activities to the world.

      now, if you'd all be so kind as to not call us this evening...

       
    • At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said…

      LOL re "activities"...

      And people who refuse to snope-check a forward should be duct taped to a flag pole and covered with honey.

       
    • At Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:30:00 PM, Blogger She says said…

      I couldn't agree with you more about the email forwarding. I told me mom to stop sending me the religious stuff because I don't agree with her take on things. All the forwarded messages from family members allowed me to figure out their politics pretty damned fast.

      Too bad they didn't figure out mine.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?