parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, October 30, 2006
    Mellow Monday
    First off - a question. Why am I getting traffic from westlaw? It kind of freaks me out.

    Today felt like the calm before the storm. I worked some on the paper, but not too much, b/c I had classes all day. I am LOVING working on the paper. I hope that after handing in my draft on Weds., I can hurry up and get my Appellate Advocacy brief done and finalized with all of its Table of Authorities and other formalistic nonsense so that I can turn back to Afghanistan. I am reading about Islamic law, and about culture as a component of legal systems, and I just can't really learn enough. It's fun, and engaging. My interest is more than piqued.

    The girls are good today. j. had practice for her play in which she is the lead. She is practicing her solo song all evening. She is a funny bird.

    Tomorrow is Halloween. Oh! Look! beloved did his punkin! Doesn't it look GREAT??




    You know what's funny? He can sooooo impersonate this fish. This is the BF = Beloved Fish.

    Tomorrow night is requiring a good bit of coordination on my part. 2 kids in 2 directions, and beloved is working late enough that I'm on my own for the initiation of the evening. e. is going straight to a friend's house from cello practice (at 6), and i'm picking j. up at 5, and bringing her HOME to feed her and get her all set with her costume. Then I walk j. to the friend's house, and then run to e.'s friend's house to eat a costume-themed dinner (they're being the kids from the Series of Unfortunate Events, and we're eating Pasta Puttenesca. I somehow don't think many people who may read this will get that reference.) Then we will have to negotiate with these 10 year olds just how far behind them we're allowed to walk, and probably mosey our way on over to j's friend's house to hang out with that momma, too.

    Will I study for the Professional Responsibility final exam on Weds? No.

    Will I work on my paper for whcih a draft is due at 10:15 on Weds? No.

    Will I prepare for my presentation which is at 10:15 a.m.? No.

    Tomorrow I am free until 3:15, when I have tax. So I will do the following:

    1) Wake at 5:30
    2) Go running
    3) Come home and check e-mail
    4) Take a shower
    5) Wake e. for her shower
    6) Do the morning routine
    7) Leave the house at 7:45
    8) Sit for Tutoring Office Hours until 10 - crossing my fingers that no 1L's want help, so I can spend my time taking a practice Professional Responsibility exam to see how much work I need to put in;
    9) Go to the library to either a) put the time into Prof. Resp. so I can pass the test; or b) work on my paper/presentation
    10) go to tax for 3:15.
    11) ride bike to j. for 5 p.m. to take her home and feed her


    and so on and so forth.

    ______

    The Patriots are on. I have officially declared myself a Patriots Fan, but honestly ... I don't think they need me. Everytime I turn on a game, they're at least 3 touchdowns ahead, and it can be slightly boring.

    ALSO!! I am confused. B/c the Patriots are on. They're on Channel 5. It says ESPN all over it, but it's NOT ESPN ... it's Channel 5, which is the same channel that Lost is on. So ... why am I watching the Patriots? I'm guessing that the NFL did not decide that it was mean to block all people who don't pay for extended cable from watching Monday Night Football, and instead, some local deal was struck for the sake of the fans of the local team.

    Still, it's weird.

    ___________________

    Something's wrong with one of the dryers in my building. It keeps overheating and turning off. When you are required to feed quarters into a machine, it's more than inconvenient to return after the appropriate number of minutes to find that the dryer overheated and turned itself off 20 minutes ago, requiring yet another dose of quarters (yet another load of laundry undone), another 45 minutes, and just .... lots of frustration. I need to remember to call the building supervisor tomorrow, but I'll likely forget, b/c of items 1-11 plus the un-numbered items which were adequately outlined above (did I mention that when talkign to the moms of both e. and j.'s friends the word "wine" came up more than once?).

    ___________________

    Tonight at dinner, J. informed us that she thought of the 200th reason why I, her mother, wants a house: to have a place to display pumpkins. Other reasons include: e. having her own room (j. doesn't want one as much); having more space for when the kids have friends over; beloved and i having an extra closet, b/c i need one; a yard to decorate for fall; an attic or basement in which to store our ridiculous amount of STUFF; a place to store kayaks and cross country skis and snowshoes and other things we want to do; a place for company to sleep that does not involve a blow up mattress and all available floor space in our living room.

    Is that enough? can I have a house now? Please? Pretty please?
    posted by Zuska @ 10:35 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Being an amateur computer geek, I tried to find out why you were getting hits from westlaw. Technorati didn't really have any answers, but congratulations on breaking the 100k barrier!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?