parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, October 29, 2006
    blustery
    it's so pretty outside right now. the sky is a crisp blue, and the sunshine has that autumn hue - a little yellow. The wind is blowing - hard - and I wish it were a little warmer out so I could justify opening the window [a la sweatshirts for me and mine - I opened the damned window - it's too gorgeous out not to). It's 8:20 a.m., but feels LATER, which is always a treat.

    unfortunately, as soon as my tea is made, I must go back to Afghanistan. This paper is such slow going, i can't even BELIEVE it. I worked on it all day yesterday (okay, okay, I didn't start until around noon b/c a friend called and wanted me to run to a sale at Bloomingdales with her, so shoot me), for at least 6 hours, and got only 8 pages in - out of 20. shit.

    I have a lot to do. Today or tomorrow morning (i have class all day) HAS to be the cut off point for the paper, because I have my professional responsibility exam on Wednesday, and have to study for that on Tuesday. agh! I'm already only leaving approx 2 hours on Weds. a.m. to prepare to my presentation of the paper which is happening immediately before the professional responsibility exam. Which is kind of reckless, isn't it? But if I'm this immersed in the material now, it will be well-ingrained, and I'll be fine.

    Either way, today is cut off time.

    However ...

    1) We have to carve pumpkins;
    2) I told beloved I'd go to the grocery store,
    3) I promised e. I would take her back to Walden Pond for a thing called "Thoreau's Garrett" where they look at artifacts and such (i believe related to writing and publishing) from his time. It's from 1-2, and takes at least 45 minutes to get there (and then again back, of course)

    I think if I get started now, i can squeeze in about 3.5 hours before we must go to the pond, then we'll come home (ASAP) and carve pumpkins while Beloved cooks our Daylight Savings Time Is Over Inaugural Shephard's Pie.

    THEN after dinner, I guess I'm back to it. I'd rather not. I'd rather play with Beloved. We had a fun time together last night, and I want to again.

    The thing the girls are going to is for kids only, so I'm going to peruse an article on Islamic Law while they're exploring writing utensils of the 19th century.

    And, also, this paper is just a draft. I think I'm working on it as if it's the final draft, and perhaps that's part of the problem. Perhaps I should just throw some words on paper ... but I don't want to purposefully do a shitty job just so I can go back and fix it later. If I am able to be closer to the final draft with this first draft, then I'll have less to do on finals week.

    Which would be a good thing.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:19 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?