parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, October 29, 2006
    Blustery II
    Wow! The wind was amazing today. The girls and I went to Walden Pond again, so they could attend the program where they looked at artifacts and different items. I was a "bad mom" wherein I went and sat in the car and read an article on Islamic Law while they were learning about pencils and shoes from the mid 1800s. I felt like a bad mom. I thought that the woman who was doing the talk would think "what an awful woman, why can't she stay with her kids for an HOUR, is that so hard?" It took a lot to think to myself, "I will never see her again. She doesn't know me, and doesn't know how rarely this happens, and how okay with it the kids are, for that reason, and I'll never see her again," and to leave my kids who were really more than happy with the arrangement to go sit in the car and read.

    I wonder if anyone remembers my Walden Pond post from 2 weeks ago? Was it really only 2 weeks ago? it was Columbus Day weekend ... the girls had rolled up their pants, and went into the water as much as possible. Today?



















    That's J. She has on her winter coat.



















    [please excuse the crappy photos - they were taken with my cell phone. i'm very proud of myself for getting my cell phone and computer to talk to each other via Blue Tooth, though, even though the pictures aren't so hot]

    Look at the WAVES! In a POND! It was insane. It was gorgeous, but insane.

    I didn't sit in the car while they were at the pond. We went there together, and then for a short walk, and THEN I was Bad Mom of the Year (or not).

    The article was really interesting, and will definitely be incorporated into my paper.

    We then went to Whole Foods, and I bought the kids some of the prepared foods, and they sat in the eatery area and ate lunch while I shopped. I bought cheeses, for cheese night. But then I realized, cheese night is on Tuesdays, and Tuesday is HALLOWEEN!! J has been asking me to make Reubens, and I've been saying no, but i'm thinking that since it's HALLOWEEN, before I pick them up from school, I'm gonna stop by the sandwich shop that makes reubens, and pick some up for all of us, and some tater salad, and just shove our faces full of that before we go out trick or treating.

    I think. Either that or I'll have Beloved pick up some of their favorite microwavable mac & cheese from Whole Foods.

    See? Again with the bad mom stuff.

    It was actually a nice time. The girls had fun, and I enjoyed feeling like my kids were independent and capable, and that having them with me did not curb my activities in the slightest - they were adaptable and flexible. They are getting old.

    The bad thing ... I got cash back from the stupid grocery store, and b/c the girls were dealing with combining their leftovers into one container and so forth, I left the damned $20 behind. I called from the other side of a horrendous traffic jam due to construction at a major intersection, and they confirmed that they had my $$. I could not get back through the traffic twice and still return the zipcar on time, so I left it under beloved's name, and he can pick it up for me tomorrow.
    posted by Zuska @ 6:36 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?