parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, July 04, 2006
    The End of the Adventure
    Beloved and I are home again. We had an Excellent time in Maine. Excellent. We did lots of driving, and will be paying extra dollars to zipcar for mileage overages - but it is more than worth it, in my opinion (and i'm fairly certain his, as well).

    We headed back home early today, after toying with many different ways to jam more into this day. There were, however, 4th of July parades scheduled not only in the town we were staying in, but all along the way. The difficulties of staggered road closures and time pressures on our end (while trying to factor in holiday traffic) were just too large. We (I mean by that, I) were also anxious to get home and check on the kitties and see what mail we received in the days' absence. We do also have to work tomorrow, and I hate rushing in at 10 p.m. or so just to feel that I must jump in bed so that I can handle the return to work.

    So it's 3:30, we're home, we've said hi to our kitties, I've talked to my daughters (as I did yesterday, and the day before), and was able to fill them in on what teachers/classes they're in next year (the thing I was wanting from the mail). I spoke to their father and found out that Thing One is manipulating the situation to the best of her ability and showering her Biological with rudeness and snarkiness. Which, I must say, she does NOT do here. She tries. Most definitely. But she's not allowed. I was able to explain to him a wee bit and I think he received it without bucking the idea of getting parenting advice from his ex-wife.

    They are, however, according to him, receiving his NEW wife very well, and not having the same difficulties with her. (Although I heard of no difficulties from Thing Two). he said she never has to ask them to do something twice. They are very happy and eager to please. Which is good.

    I am going to post in more detail about our trip. Beloved took some photos, but they're not digital, so I'll have to add some of those at a later time. Needless to say, we're in love with Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, AND --- My arms and wrists and forearms and shoulders and hands are very very very very very very very sore.
    posted by Zuska @ 3:31 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?