parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, June 28, 2006
    Two Happy Things
    Kids.

    My eldest child e-mailed me today and asked me if she could have instant messaging. I told her I would rather she wait until she gets back home. I'm not ready for her to be off into the world of 567 buddies and 15 flashing bars on her screen -- especially not from where I cannot monitor, and I'm not sure that those who are in such a position have the time or inclination to do so. As an after thought, I asked her who she wants to talk with, anyway. Her response was one word in length: "you." (not capitalized!!) It kind of warmed my heart.


    Work.

    I am getting involved on a corporate deal - starting today. I have been actively using my Blackberry this evening to arrange an a.m. meeting with some associates involved with the deal, and have some agreements to draft. I'm feeling useful!!! I doubt I'll end up on the corporate side of things, but getting to be engaged with something is really tasty.

    _____________________

    Beloved is reading snippets from the Coastal Maine book he picked up today - we are getting even MORE excited!!
    posted by Zuska @ 8:19 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:10:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      You mean THREE happy things! Yay!

      I'm really glad to hear that you are finally getting some real work. They would be stupid not to use you while they have you.

      I got all gooky when I read about your daughter's email. Aw. You're such a lucky woman. Although I'm not at all surprised that your kiddos would be so dear-hearted.

       
    • At Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      Lyco - I told no less than three people today about my exchange with Thing One, and every time - I got teary eyed, and had to look at hte floor. Every time.

      we did talk, too. She was so cute. I tried to say goodbye, and she didn't want to stop chatting. I told her that she MUST have more to do than talking to her BORING mother, and she said:

      "mom: 0% boring; 100% FUN!!"

      again, the smiles and teary eyes.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?