parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Friday, June 30, 2006
    News from The Middle of the Country
    My poor Thing Two needs to have oral surgery :( I am sad about this - nervous, anxious, and sad. She has a "rare condition" wherein she has an extra tooth in the very front top of her mouth. Some people have this extra tooth, and it's no big deal. But my Thing Two ... it's a bigger deal. It's causing a log jam in her gums, and the OTHER big teeth - the ones that are supposed to be there - can't get through. I've started to see things shifting in her gums, and yet the baby teeth aren't coming out - a full year after her first front baby tooth fell out and the big one grew in. So the Ex took them to the dentist, and low and behold - there is an Issue.

    They have a consultation with an oral surgeon on Monday. I hope all goes well. This is definitely not a fun time to be far away.

    Thing One got word today that she was selected out of several auditioning children for a production that her theater group will be putting on in the fall. This group doesn't usually use auditions for anything other than role assignments -- kids don't usually get rejected. But this is their .... "special' production, and auditions were required to be in the troupe. And she got in!!!

    She is very excited, but Beloved and I are nervous. The timing threatens to overlap with our trip to Disneyland, but we won't know for sure until well after we buy the tickets.

    What to do, what to do.

    Otherwise --- We're going away tomorrow!!

    And I'm NOT bringing the computer!! So I'll see y'all on Tuesday eve!!
    posted by Zuska @ 9:54 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Friday, June 30, 2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Legal Quandary said…

      I had that tooth thing as a kid too - I'd completely forgotten about it 'til I read your post!!

      I had surgery to correct it when I was 8 or 9 and I don't remember it slowing me down much at all. I'm sure everything will be fine.

      Congrats to Thing 1 - that's awesome!

       
    • At Monday, July 03, 2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      Yay Thing 1! I was a big drama kid when I was young, I think it was very good for me.

      I'm sorry to hear about Thing 2, but a girl I was a nanny for just had that done last Christmas and she was fine a few days later. Lots of special treats and whatnot helped.

      But I know it must be very stressful that you can't be with her!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?