parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, July 25, 2006
    delicious dinner
    My mentor was not able to make it, b/c she actually works for a living, as a lawyer, and a client had an emergency, and the partner on the case didn't think a fancy dinner out with Zuska was reason enough for her to stay behind while the rest of the team went 911 on the case.

    My supervisor and his wife, Beloved and I all had a very nice evening, with very delicious food.

    Beloved sat next to the wife, who ordered the wine, which I enjoyed. When we got home, Beloved told me that he was able to see the menu during ordering, and that the bottle was $90.
    I know for some, that's nothing. Perhaps it's just a typical bottle to share over pasta at home. For me, this was a first. I had never had a $90 bottle of wine before, at least I don't think I have. I buy wine at Trader Joe's. If I pay $12.99, it's b/c I splurged.

    It was really good, too. The wine.

    The other amazing part of my meal was my dessert. I had a beet and goat cheese salad for an appetizer (I love beets. I love goat cheese) and Sole with spinach for dinner. They were both, really, "okay." I wasn't really up for dessert, and the choices weren't thrilling me. But i was not about to be the only person not ordering, so I went ahead and got some ice cream.

    Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

    When it came, it looked normal. Normal Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

    So I took a bit.

    Oh.

    My.

    God.

    This was NOT Bryers.

    This was NOT Haagen Daaz.

    This was NOT mint extract.

    It tasted like a mint leaf.

    A sprig of mint.

    It was AMAZING.

    yet, I was good Summer Associate Girl, and only ate one of the three little golf ball sized scoops, and left hte rest melting in the bowl.

    Because Summer Associates who eat all their dessert get fat[ter].

    [My mentor and I are thinking we may be able to get another meal out of the summer program - to make up for her absence. i'll keep you posted.]

    Tomorrow night, Beloved gets to accompany me for a cocktail hour and dinner at a local museum. We're looking forward to it.
    posted by Zuska @ 11:43 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:12:00 AM, Blogger LawNut said…

      I would have eaten the whole thing - how can you say no to ice cream!!!! Would that look bad??

       
    • At Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:17:00 AM, Blogger Zuska said…

      It would NOT have looked bad if I ate the whole thing. Looking bad was not my concern. My concern was the ever-present battle to balance excellent food 2-3 times a DAY with restraint and good eating habits. I am actually trying to LOSE weight, and if I finish all the dessert all the time, I will be gaining, rather than the holding steady I've managed thus far.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?