parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, July 25, 2006
    the Cable Guy loves my boyfriend*
    *I hate referring to him as my boyfriend. I've taken to just calling him my husband. I'm sick and tired of the requisite explanations and sharing of my life story if I do otherwise.

    The other day, Beloved shared with me that he is addicted to news. He loves it and he wants MORE. We currently subscribe to the most basic of basic cable. We get the networks, and like, 1.2 other channels. So he checked into how much it would cost to get more news. i.e., more cable.

    It would have taken our monthly charges from $10.37 to $54.29. Which we decided was NOT ACCEPTABLE.

    This evening, I called him at 5:07 to say I was not leaving work at 4:30 as I originally planned, and he said, "Did you order me more cable???" I said no. Because I did not.

    But we now have EVERY CHANNEL. MTV, CNN, my favorite ever THE WEATHER CHANNEL (is there a hurricane channel?), the Food Network. Everything.

    When I was a kid, and we had some limited cable package, we would randomly get HBO for a week or so, which of course would get us used to having HBO, and we'd beg mom to buy it for us. Perhaps that's what is going on here?

    or perhaps Beloved has been making some kind of weird offerings to the cable gods. But now I am not sure he wants to go to dinner, b/c Camp Lazlo is on the Cartoon Network.
    posted by Zuska @ 6:26 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?