parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, May 31, 2006
    Six Snippets
    I am really, truly and absolutely exhausted. This is going to be (as usual) a rambling post, motivated by my guilt in not keeping up with the blog lately.

    1) Our black kitty, named Trixie, was very friendly to me today. I have posted in the past about how she hates me, and runs away from me, and how I don't like that, b/c I've always been a cat person, and I've always been the person that even grouchy cats love. Today, she jumped up next to me on the couch, and she rubbed on me, and loved on me, and was very sweet. It made my day.

    2) Summer job is just so-so thus far. I really do feel as if the work could be more fun/challenging/representative/just MORE. One of my supervising attorneys is very pregnant, and the other is so busy right now, he can't see straight. I think that the preggo one is kind of killing time herself until the baby's born, and therefore, is trying to think of ways to have ME kill time. Today I was given the epitome of sucky associate/summer associate assignments: Discovery Review. I have stacks and stacks and stacks of paper to go through.

    Perhaps I should see it as a good thing that I don't have to put too much time into the review of these stacks of paper, b/c the summer program keeps us so busy with play. But I do not feel that way. I would rather get more of a sense of the work. Today I went to lunch with a few associates and a few fellow summers .... we were gone from the office for literally THREE hours!! Three!!! We returned at ... three. We had three courses. On my dessert dish were three little golf ball sized scoops of sorbet. the number of bites i took of the sorbet -- three. b/c otherwise, i would have POPPED.

    This is not reality. This is not what associates do (well, document review, yes - but three hour lunches? I think not). This does not let me know if my family can bear the hours of this job. It does not help me to see if the work is engaging. I left at 5:10, and was the last to go (of the summers).

    I did, however, sign up for a pro bono project today. It is all constitutional and first amendmenty and stuff, so I'm pleased about that. If I could find a way to build a career on constitutional and first amendmenty stuff, I would.

    3) I am very proud of myself, b/c I just spent 20 minutes in my bedroom putting away clothes and other messes that I have been putting off for weeks. I was putting it off b/c I thought it would take hours. It took 20 minutes. I always do that. Mostly with the dishes. I think I don't have time to do the dishes, that it will keep me from the things I must do (this is mostly while I'm in school) then when I finally do them, it takes like 5 minutes, tops.

    4) My beloved finished working on friday for the summer. i LOVE him being home. he had an interview yesterday for a part-time gig that would be a wee bit of a dream coming true for him. Fingers are crossed in this house.

    5) I did push ups yesterday, and my arms and chest and back are sore in places that they really need to be sore. I also went running. I did not go running today, b/c last night, I went to a firm function that had much to do with wine. Therefore, I needed sleep this morning.

    6) I submitted a rough draft of the project I'm working on for the judge yesterday. I want to be done. I want to read a novel. I want to watch West Wing. I want to go to the library.
    posted by Zuska @ 9:42 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?