parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, May 18, 2006
    Exam Week Update
    Yesterday I had my Employment Law exam. I am fairly certain that was the LEAST prep I have ever put into an in-class exam. The exam went fine (3o multiple choice) but the class was abuzz afterward that the questions were too ambiguous, and that one question had TWO right answers (they were actually wrong answers, b/c the question was "which one is NOT correct"). Eh, whatever. It was a wee harder than I expected, but not b/c of lack of preparation. I just wished I could ARGUE about why I thought it was B instead of C, rather than just go with the black or white bubble-fill.

    After the exam, I went to the gym, which may have been for the last time until September. I have a "complimentary membership" at a gym in the building of Summer Firm, but I think I'll be bringing the jogging and stairclimbing outdoors for the summer.

    Then I went shopping!!! I needed brown shoes, and then I went to some OTHER stores, and got 2 new pairs of dress pants and a couple nice tops. I was pleased with my finds. Although I probably could not afford to shop. Hmmm.

    Then Thing One had a softball game, so I took her to that. I actually thought it was a practice instead of a game (b/c that's what the schedule SAID!), but one of the three teams inexplicably wasn't there, so we had a game. Practice means I drop her off and go about my business. Game means I stay and be good cheerleader mom. I was going to go to Starbucks and start mapping out my Corporations exam answer. Instead, I sat and watched my kid become super-competitive all of a sudden. I fear that I have instilled within her a loathing for losing. Oops. It's all fun and games on family game night while I faux-growl at my kids if they get ahead or get more points, but when she's on the softball field and gets all frustrated and yells at her team-mates ... I'm just telling myself that she's learning. She did apologize to her friend, and we talked a bit on our walk home.

    Then, instead of working on my Corporations exam, I came home, flopped on the couch, and watched t.v. with Beloved for 2.5 hours. It was a new Lost, and it was a given that we'd watch that, but it was the utter exhaustion resulting from exam week (and shopping - i actually HATE shopping, and much prefer ORDERING) that made me watch Invasion (stoooooopid show) and then an old Seinfeld, which made me laugh.

    Then I passed out.

    Now I'm going to start on Corporations. I've had a few friends throw me their drafts and outlines. I do not know why. This is happening spontaneously, and has never happened before. One friend attended a giant issue-spotting session with about 10 others, and gave me the result. i couldn't attend the session b/c I had a class at the time they met. I said, "I feel bad taking this, since I wasn't there." and she said, "YOU HAVE TWO KIDS!!!" I thought "and I HATE corporations!" Then another friend who is older (yes, even older than ME) and has a college age daughter sent me his draft saying "us parents need to stick together!" While my feelings about this class makes me grateful that I may per chance have the opportunity to spend less time on this exam, I do wonder how they think I've made it through the other 15 exams/papers that I've written without their help!!
    posted by Zuska @ 9:30 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?