parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Thursday, March 16, 2006
    untitled gibberish
    I think this is one of the longest gaps i've had in my posting since ... um, a little while.

    I am absolutely positively LOVING my classes thus far. So for fun, instead of blogging, I read. For school. One of the things I am really enjoying is the fact that these classes (Administrative Law, Corporations, Employment Law, and Federal Courts), well, minus Fed Courts, are just so practical in this society that we live in. Corporations isn't only teaching me about the kind of finagling I may be asked to do this coming summer, but it's teaching me about hte way that these favored entities start, how they function, what the law requires (or not) of them. I'm really enjoying this.

    God, I am such a nerd!!!

    I've been busy, and my work load is far from insignificant, but my life is still so much more relaxed and balanced than it was during my last in-school quarter. I'm working in exercise, which greatly enhances my energy level throughout the entire day, I have large chunks of time where I can prepare for classes and work on assignments, and I'm never rushing out the door of a class in order to pick up the kids. I have time. I can leave earlier and stop by the store before I pick them up - or if it's a wretchedly blustery day as it was for the past 2, I can allow myself more time on the bike.

    I've had a few substantive posts floating around in my head, but I am trying so hard to stay on task so that this new-found flexibility is used for good in my life, that i have not taken the time to work through them. thoughts on abortion laws and bans; thoughts on raising kids; thoughts on "sending the wrong message;" thoughts about being a "working mom;" and thoughts on working for a big firm; and so on.

    maybe later tonight, if I finish my 27 pages (not too bad) of Administrative Law before I'm exhausted, I will have a chance to pontificate. oh, lucky readers ;)
    posted by Zuska @ 7:05 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?