parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, March 13, 2006
    Catchin' up with me
    I am so utterly exhausted tonight!! I am just a blob in the chair, having a hard time moving toward getting anything accomplished.

    The weekend didn't feel restful enough. The things wrapped up their sleepovers around 10 a.m.but then Thing The First got a phone call around 2 saying, "can't you come over right now?" and I, being me, said yes. Then Thing the Second and I went to a play that her friends were in. We got home around 6 p.m. and ate dinner, then beloved and those Things of ours watched some silliness on t.v. while i shut myself up in the bedroom with Fed Courts.

    I had bad dreams last night, which robbed me of quality sleep. I have absolutely no recollection of what they were about. None. But they were bad, and depressing. I think that there was one point where a man was trying to kill his wife and kids in a fire. See? Bad. Depressing. Quality Sleep Inhibiting.

    I remain the Gym Queen. Today i had been on the verge of allowing a small little hiccup turn into an Excuse, but I stopped myself, and I went anyway, and I sweat like mad, and I have soreness now to show for it. Not painful bad soreness, but good, "I worked hard today!" soreness. I added sit ups into the routine, as well. Thus far, the routine is still under an hour, and 1.5 hours if you count the shower. I would like to add in some weight-training, but it will have to be limited b/c of the time constraints. I wonder if 3x a week is enough to get anything out of weight training? When I was at my peak, I was doing upper body every other day, and the lower on the OTHER every other days. now I'll have to pick a few prime things to do, and fit it into a smaller piece of time. On M, T, Th, I get out of Employment Law at 11:50, run to my locker, grab the gym bag (and every day after today - my school I.D. so I can get into the gym without having to go BACK to the locker, and then BACK to the gym, in the rain), and get across the street to the gym, work out, shower, return to the law school, eat food (usually microwave some delicacy that Beloved has packed up for me from nights past), and get up to Fed Courts for 1:45.

    On W, F, however, I am done at 10. With scheduled classes, anyway. So those are the days I can play with new exercises with impunity. Only 2 days/week. The only way a third would come in is by going back to the gym one day at 3:00 after my last class, or trying to get to the gym on a weekend day (ptooey).

    Beloved has also started a new exercise routine. He is getting up at FIVE!!! every other day, and going running before work.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:52 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?