parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Monday, March 06, 2006
    back in the saddle
    i am exhausted!! exhausted, but happy and feeling successful and fulfilled. I had a solid day of being a Real Law Student. Not a Law Student on Co-op, but a REAL Law Student. With books, and classes, and professors, and classmates!

    And as an odd throw-back to my latest co-op, I stopped by our co-op office today and picked up a copy of my evaluation that my supervisor sent in (ON TIME!!), and was very pleased to see that they liked me! they really really liked me! certainly not enough to offer me my dream job, b/c it's well known that there are no jobs there (their use of co-op students is a budget-conscious way of getting work done, not a form of recruitment), but enough to enhance my transcript.

    I had three of my four classes today. I did manage to get all readings done before their respective time slots, and even squoze in some time to get 2/3rds of tomorrow's readings done as well.

    Corporations was first, at 8:30 a.m. sharp. the professor is fine. i had met up with a couple of friends at registration, and we found good seats - not in the front row, but nowhere near the back row, and I was sitting on my beloved center aisle. the last thing we did in class was to count off by 20(!!) for our little "groups" that we must sit in and work with. So I lose my seat. Damn. It was also not my favorite thing b/c in my group of 5 is one person who i worked with extensively last school-quarter in the course of the Class that I Was Teaching, and to say that our interactions were strained is putting it mildly. We worked through any issues we had encountered between us, but i believe it's fair to say that we BOTH ended that quarter thinking, "at least THAT is over." and now we're starting up again. together. in a small group. only a few minutes after the groups were solidified did i think that clearly the universe feels that this person and i have some more work to do on each other, and that this cannot, with the inifite number of possible combinations of groups of people in the classes of 2007 and 2008, be a completely random coincidence. so i will welcome the lessons to be learned, and the opportunity to walk away from this endeavor with a slightly better taste in my mouth.

    Employment Law will be my favorite class. that is my prediction. the professor is new to me. the material is enjoyable, and he pushes us to really think things through, and zings us when our comments deserve it. That is slightly rare at my school. Pushing isn't rare - zinging is.

    Fed Courts is likely going to be my most challenging class. Same professor I had for Civ Pro, and she's fast as hell, but really good, and I like her a lot.

    Tomorrow is my first day of Administrative Law. Hopefully that will be good, too. the professor is supposed to be awesome.

    I am getting into the groove, at last. I started this post yesterday, while stunned that I actually had NO TIME and already was scrambling to get my reading done. But my week is front-loaded, and I'm already through the rough patch, I think if I use my Fridays wisely, I will be okay. Tonight, I have no school work to do!! (see below as to why that is not resulting in a fun evening).

    tomorrow is also Day 1 of the new Gym Routine.

    not much else right now worth sharing. i slept really poorly last night, and am a bit of a zombie today. the kids were grouchy and tired yesterday (monday), and i hope they're in better shape tonight. I'm not sure my exhausted self has the reserves required to not be a bitchy momma if there is a repeat performance. I just went for a walk to the bank to get $20 in quarters. I fully intend to use them all tonight on laundry. oh joy and rapture.
    posted by Zuska @ 6:39 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?