parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, November 13, 2005
    Dinner Fantastico!!
    My beloved has done it again. I just ate the best meal ... I can't say "in a long time," because he tends to make fantastic meals quite often, but this one deserves special recognition.

    It was an "African Stew" (heres to hoping that he'll post a comment with the proper name for it, which I know he had written down). We have had things that we *called* African stew in the past - it was super easy, and had the following ingredients: Onion, apple, sweet potatoes, sausage, and ginger ale. It is very soupy.

    But this was different. It was a peanut sauce, chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and cabbage. Then it put it over rice, and sprinkled some green onions over it.

    OH MY!!! This was so delicious!! I think he is the Best in the world, and I love having such delicious foods cooked for me. He is the Best.

    _______________________

    Speaking of the greatness of my beloved, and speaking of my amazing abilitites to procrastinate, and otherwise amuse myself --

    Last year, I was very much in my own world, socially. I had some "acquaintances" at best, but I was very much nose-to-the-grindstone-so-i-can-get-home-to-the-fam.

    but this year, i've had actual *friends* !! It's been a nice thing. People who know the names of my kids without having to be reminded, people who know all about my beloved (only they know his REAL name) and who get sick and tired of hearing all about the wonderfulness of him. But one of my dear friends had a chance to come over and get fed by my beloved. He definitely lived up to all of my bragging, and for a tiny girl, she ate a heck of a lot of fantastic acorn-squash and chicken tomato deliciousness over noodles.

    so this year has been an improvement upon last.
    posted by Zuska @ 8:17 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:31:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      (drool)

      Isn't it beat all to have dear ones that cook so well. I was recently fed the best Shepard's Pie (with homemade gravy) I've ever tasted. It was even better the next day (and several late night snacks eated in large bites over the sink).

      Also, I am going through the same thing this year with friends. I think it takes time to find a group with which you really feel comfortable, especially in a law school environment.

       
    • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      okay, it's a west african stew called mafi which contains a nice combination of chicken, cabbage, onions, sweet potatoes, green peppers, garlic, tomato paste, spices and peanut butter. for the vegetarians in the crowd (and perhaps we're growing one in the house with thing two) this would work well with tofu.

      the other thing i made, the stuff over noodles, is actually a concoction made from a pasta sauce and a failed side dish. the squash was supposed to be separate the night i first made a favorite sauce (that zuska tells me i've NEVER made for her before, but that doesn't seem possible). short version, the squash was too squishy so i dumped it into the sauce with a touch of honey and the whole thing kicked up to a new level. since then i've seen recipes for sauces with squash so i wasn't being so totally radical in the kitchen, it's all instinct for me.

      glad they were both appreciated ;)

      xo

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?