parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, November 13, 2005
    Exam Week
    I just finished my big paper. I have 2 take-home exams and one sit down exam to do this week. Family Law concerns me. I thought it would be "no sweat" - but then a friend said it took her and a partner (I'm a solo flyer) 4 afternoons, of 5+ hours each. Shit. I don't have that kind of time. I set aside pretty much ONE DAY to do this exam.

    My Crim Pro exam is largely mapped out, and I feel I can knock that out in a day without difficulty.

    Evidence makes me worried. I have kept up with reading, and I have a general understanding of the Rules, but I need some TIME to memorize and let things coalesce. I do not think I have that time.

    I had a little talk with Thing One and Thing Two to let them know that Mama is Busy this week, and that perhaps we won't be having our usual nightly "together time" every night (where my beloved and i take turns spending 1/2 hour with each kid). They were not very understanding.

    Today I'm hoping to do at least some on my Family Law take home, then devote the day to it tomorrow. Then Tuesday is Crim, and Wednesday is Evidence - Thursday a.m. is the Evidence exam, and then after the exam, I will try to polish up my take homes,

    And on Thursday Evening - I have a reception and dinner at the firm I'll be summering at next year. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SCHMOOZE!!! Too bad, so sad for me.

    Friday - finish polishing things up until noon when they are due, and then spend from noon to 5 printing out the supporting materials for my ESCR paper, and handing that in in final form.

    Busy week! But then I get next week OFF - which will be nice. Then I start at the place that addresses those OTHER kinds of rights. And I get evenings to myself! Woo hoo!!! I wonder waht book I"ll read first?
    posted by Zuska @ 2:17 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:44:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      Yeah, I'm definitely thinkin about you. I am *so* psyched that you are almost done. I am living vicariously through you. And tough that the Things aren't understanding, but really sweet that you and your honey take turns spending time with them. I'd love to hear more about that.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?