parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, June 27, 2007
    Crack of Dawn
    Book group was fun. It's supposed to be my turn to host. The next book group is due to be either July 24th or July 27th. I said, "I can't do that." I mean - I can't do that. Can you imagine?
    oh, I loved the book, the characters were so well developed ... but really, can you leave my house now? Because the bar exam is tomorrow, and I should really get some sleep.
    I woke this a.m. and went to the gym. I listened to PMBR's Con Law CD for the 1.5 hours that I was there. I am really finding this listening thing to be helpful. If I were doing the same amount of work as those who do not have 9 and 11 year old appendages, I would think, "Zuska, you're a freak. An overacheiving FREAK." But this is just compensation for all the PMBR questions I'm not answering.

    Update to the following paragraph: Bose contacted me, and they're replacing the headphones, and they claim that they redesigned the ear grippy things, and that they're sending me new ones of those, too. I am a happy camper.

    I am very upset, because on the way home, while listening about the 10th Amendment, my ear phones started to do that thing where one ear goes in and out and there's static and stuff. This is especially upsetting, because I don't have crappy head phones. I got the Bose In-Ear Headphones for my birthday, on December 4. They're not cheap (for head phones) and they've been really great. I don't think that when you go to one of the better brands and spend extra money on headphones that they should break 6 months later.

    I checked the Bose website, and they said that the one-year warranty requires a proof of purchase. Of course, since I got these for my birthday, I don't have that.

    I wrote them anyway. I'm not happy. and I don't have head phones. And I'm spoiled, because these things really do improve the sound coming out of my iPods by at least 60% (no exaggeration), and now I'll have to pick up or borrow (thanks, Beloved) some crappy headphones and not have the rich sound I'm used to.

    If they don't replace them, I will be looking for another brand. Maybe a brand that doesn't have little cushions taht fall off constantly and make it really difficult to carry the iPod around, b/c you're always afraid you're gonna lose your ear cushions, and make the damned things unusable.

    Damn.

    Off to shower. I have my last day (THANK GOD) of annoying, squeaky, can't sing worth shit real property woman.

    Labels: , ,

    posted by Zuska @ 7:42 AM  
    5 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      OMG! Is it the brunette with the serious bling, the NY/NJ accent, the SAT vocabulary and the smirk? Holy crap I HATED HER, but I remember that several of the men in my BarBri class commented that she was a MILF.

      Blech!

       
    • At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:14:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      I don't know what an MILF is. But I'm sure it's her. Fucking smirk. I hate her. I was told by a friend that I have a much more negative reaction to her than most have, but I CANNOT STAND HER, and I cannot believe that I have to sit through her again for Secured Transactions.

      AND -- the guy I don't like, who did civ pro, comes back for Corporations. Why is it that my least favorite two lecturers are the repeat people. Damn.

       
    • At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:51:00 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said…

      I'm still laughing over "... but really, can you leave my house now?"

      Can't I just say that even when it's NOT the night before the bar exam???

       
    • At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heh on the Property prof. My boyfriend had her for Property in law school, and ADORES her. I don't mind her, but I'm from this area. I can't see how she translates well outside of the NY/NJ area.

       
    • At Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:44:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      oh! once, when I was still living in CA, and I had babies in a stroller, someone called me one of those moms.

      I am so dreading Secured Transactions.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?