parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, May 09, 2007
    Prolonging the Inevitable - American Idol
    Sorry, Housewife, I just can't resist. You should see the hit boost this brings me!!

    Last night, I was not impressed with anyone. Except, perhaps, Jordin's first song. Yet, I voted about 700,000,000 times for Blake, and 700 times for Jordin (knowing she didn't need it).

    All of us were rooting for Melinda to go home ... no such luck.

    We knew it was Lakisha or Blake - Beloved thought Blake, I thought Lakisha.

    I was right. [nanny nanny boo boo]

    The little "get to know the contestant" blurbs they had going on made me like Lakisha even more, and I was sad to see her go. But I wouldn't have, talentwise, chosen her over Blake at this point.

    I said to the fam tonight - "only one of these people are artists, the other 3 are just performers."

    I think that's true. Blake is the only one with a real ... character. Who actually is creating something new each week. And for that, I wish he would win.

    But I think he's out next week. I'm glad he made it one more week, but I think next week, unless Melinda gets the boot (as I wish would happen), he's outta here.

    And I think Jordin will win. Should win. The whole tiara.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 11:25 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Pissed OFF Housewife said…

      But

      But

      But

      You're too smart for that.

      Why do you care?

      Zuska, darlin' you're about to change the world with your words...

      American Idol? really?

       
    • At Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:41:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      Change the world? Into what?

      All of us have our guilty pleasures. This one is new for me - last year when I showed up at Future Firm for the summer, I was stunned at how even there - where I was supposed to be with "the smartest law students in the country" (our orientation schpeel), I felt like I couldn't participate in the water-cooler chatter because I didn't watch American Idol!

       
    • At Friday, May 11, 2007 2:11:00 PM, Blogger Pissed OFF Housewife said…

      Darlin' I haven't got a clue but I read what you write and realize that you are a smart, opinionated woman who (by the simple act of parenting) wields power.

      So I'm convinced you will change the world and I'll watch you do it.

      :)

      But I do have a lot of Fox stock and it's barely budged in 11 years so maybe you should skip studying and watch AI.

      *smooch*

      More car shopping.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?