parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, May 23, 2007
    Graduation is in my WAY
    I finished school last Friday. I don't understand why people keep asking me if I'm excited. If I'm proud of myself. Why? I was last Thursday.

    I don't want to go on Friday. Why do I have to go back to that world? I already left. I handed in my exams. I haven't seen those people in over a week. I don't have time for graduation. My daughter is turning 9. My nephew was just born. I have a Bar Review class to start, I have dinner plans with friends. My 11 year old is trying to educate me on the philosophy of Plato. Why do I have to give 2 hours to sitting a stage? Why?

    I think it's going to be nothing but emotionally exhausting -- in the same vein as that birthday party I have to do next weekend. I *hate* doing birthday parties. I'm just not far enough on the Extroverted side of the scale to like bday parties. I am just enough extroverted to enjoy talking. A lot. To 2 or 3 people at a time - MAX.

    Update: Oh yeah, and just to make graduation even SUCKIER - it's gonna be 92. NINETY-TWO!!! I am not a heat-person. I am a 62 kinda person. Perhaps, if I'm in a good mood, a 72 kinda person. 92? Hello? You just skipped an entire .... set of 10s. Or something.
    posted by Zuska @ 11:42 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I am usually pretty bah humbug about graduation, but my graduation from law school a few weeks ago was actually pretty amazing. Hey, lots of the parents in my class walked across the stage with their kids. You could walk with E and J if you want - would they like that? I thought it was so cool when they did that, I almost wanted to borrow a kid just for the walk across the stage, but then I'd have someone else's kids in my graduation photo, so I decided against it.
      -Sarah

       
    • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Stare Decisis said…

      Sorry, no sympathy here - it was 102 for graduation - 2 weeks ago. :-)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?