parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Wednesday, May 23, 2007
    BarBri Question - Note-taking?
    I start my BarBri class next Wednesday. We have been informed that there are not enough outlets to go around, and if we want to, we can bring our laptops, but they need to have enough battery power to last through the whole class (mine likely can do it, but may fall a bit short).

    Question -- should I bring my laptop? What kind of note-taking will I want to do? Will I want to catch every single word the lecturer says? Should I do my best with hand-written notes, to get my hand in practice for writing essays on the actual test?

    Please, those who have gone before me, impart wisdom.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 11:22 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      My bar bri gave us huge in class workbooks to fill in as the lecturer talks, so you don't need a computer. I took notes on computer all through school so I was worried I wouldn't be able to focus without it, but it is actually kind of nice & free from distractions. (and nicer to my back not to have to carry the computer)
      -Sarah

       
    • At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:02:00 AM, Blogger She says said…

      Ditto above about handouts. Also, I had to write all of my essays by hand for the bar, and it almost killed me because I hadn't handwritten anything in so long. I'm surprised I didn't fail the bar because they couldn't read my essays. Seriously, by the end of the essay section, my writing was practically illegible. I used BARBRI as training for stamina in handwriting. It wasn't enough though.

      So, I would recommend no computer. I think you'll tend to focus more on the lectures because you'll have to process it rather than just type everything you hear. Plus, the handouts don't work with a computer. Plus the whole exercising your hand thing. And the space may be cramped.

       
    • At Friday, May 25, 2007 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Zuska said…

      I think it's decided, then --- no computer!

      Which means I get to go school supply shopping! One of my favorite activities. Pens ... notebooks ... mmmm.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?