parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Tuesday, March 13, 2007
    Busy Signal Blogging (i.e., Voting for American Idol)
    Tonight's voting strategy -- people who we like, but who we think may need help:

    Chris Sligh
    Gina whatever-whose-it
    Lakisha
    Blake

    We, of course, loved Melinda, but just don't think she needs help. I almost think she should just get voted off -- she's going to have an amazing singing career no matter what happens from here on out. She doesn't need American Idol, and she should just leave it to the lesser-beings. I don't think the same of Lakisha, because I think that her weight works against her. Unfortunately. Which is why I never think, despite her voice, that she's a sure thing.

    So I vote for her. Every week. 10 times.

    2 things we found weird tonight:

    1) The judges' dislike of Blake's song
    2) The judges' love of Jordin's song. They even put her in the same category as Melinda and Lakisha. I did NOT get it. Not one bit.

    _____________________________

    Play practice was a bore today. As it turns out, the directors have 2 interns helping out on Tuesdays, and really don't need me. I wish I had figured this out last week, and stayed at school today. Alas, I did not. Today was my last Tuesday, that is for certain.

    E had cello practice, and was one pooped-out pup after play practice. I think she did okay, though. We got home at 7:15. God, I am so sick of these late evenings!! I just want to come home, at 3:30 or 4, and just rest and do quiet, home-like things until dinner time. I don't want to be rushing in the door. I'm sick of rushing in the door.

    Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases are still a demon possessing our home.

    It is 10:45. I am tired. I have 20 pages of IP to read. I have 2 loads of laundry in the dryer. I am thirsty.

    Ho hum.

    Labels:

    posted by Zuska @ 10:33 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said…

      I thought they were way harsh on Chris Sligh -- they say to Brandon "that was a predictable, ordinary rendition." Then Sligh and Beatboxboy (Blake?) try to change it up and its all "Dude, don't mess with the classics!" Alright, neither was great, but give them props for trying.

      Frustrating.

      Also, love Gina. And totally agree on Lakisha.

      And ashamed that i care at all about Idol!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?