parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Saturday, December 17, 2005
    one of the ways i am a weirdo
    some people have recently found my blog while searching for LSAT info. I find that funny, because I was not yet blogging when i took the test. but i did a search, and took a peek at what other people said at the time. people hated it!! much like people hate law school exams.

    but not me. i like(d) both! i loved the LSAT games, and i liked the rest. i did not take a class for the test, i couldn't afford it, and i didn't have the time for a structured thing like that. it was one of the byproducts of going to grad school as a mother. If they had a class from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m., or from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m., perhaps I could have worked it in.

    So instead, my beloved got out his whip. he timed me. and he forced me to do timed tests at least 3x a week. my job at that time was a little obscene - my boss had gone on a trip (biking across canada) for the summer, and left me with instructions to watch the (silent) office, and to play on the internet. i also took UNtimed LSAT tests --- all day long. Then I'd go home, and have the timer set to me.

    The girls returned from their fathers in late August, and my boss returned from her bike trip. so for those last 4-5 weeks, i had MUCH less time. i started to get nervous at that point. but with my beloved's help, and my determination to "best my best score" - i still got some practice in.

    now Thing One comes home with little logic teaser games for extra credit math homework. they're the same as the LSAT games. it bothered me, b/c they were trying to teach the kids ONE WAY to set these things up. With charts. I didn't do charts, I did pictures. and I was damned good at it that way. it really bothered me that they were forcing the kids into only way of doing somethign that works so many different ways.

    i also really enjoy law school exams. i like the feeling of accomplishment, i like the preparation process, and i like feeling everything come together with one giant cohesive bow on top. My favorite thing to take away from law school is my outlines. Perhaps not even my outlines as much as my Indexes to my outlines and to my notes. I make so many charts and cross-references and time lines and tables of cases. I'm sure it's the process that's most useful in the end, but i love my end products.

    This past quarter, i didn't have ONE class which needed a true outline. i felt lost. i had take home exams and one closed book. i MADE an outline, but spent most of my time with notecards.

    I didn't like it so much. I hope next quarter, I get to do more outlines.
    posted by Zuska @ 5:10 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?