parens binubus

more than you want to know about a law school graduate/bar examinee who is also raising two children and doing her best at being a partner to her love.

law students
  • Anonymous Law Student
  • Barely Legal
  • Bitter Law Student
  • Divine Angst
  • Frustrated Law Student
  • In Limine
  • Life, Far Away
  • Peanut Butter Burrito
  • Preaching to the Perverted
  • Phocas and Francis
  • Stare Decisis
  • Think Like a Woman, Act Like a Man
  • WonL
  • lawyers
  • Frolics and Detours
  • Harmless Error
  • The Imbroglio
  • Legal Underground
  • Neutral Zone Trap
  • Unblague
  • Will Work For Favorable Dicta
  • moms
  • Kids Squared
  • Froggy Mama
  • Lucky, Lucky Star
  • Manababies
  • Mimilou
  • Mother Talkers
  • Pissed Off Housewife
  • Underpaid Kept Woman
  • Yankee, Transferred
  • combos
  • Angry Pregnant Lawyer
  • Adv of Law School Mama
  • Frequent Citations
  • From Engineer to Lawyer
  • Lag Liv
  • Law School for 30-somethings
  • Legal Quandary
  • Lots and Lots of Nonsense
  • Magic Cookie
  • Mommy Grows Up
  • Mother In Law
  • Reasonable Expectations
  • Who Cares What You Think?
  • Yayarolly Goes to Law School
  • miscellaneous fun
  • Anonymous Lawyer
  • Bloggy Awards
  • Go Fug Yourself
  • Mother Talkers
  • Stay of Execution
  • beloved's blog
  • One Man's Ceiling
  • cool kids' stuff
  • Boden Kids
  • j.'s new sweater
  • Sunday, July 09, 2006
    the end of the weekend
    I don't want this weekend to be over. I really am not looking forward to work tomorrow, for a few reasons: 1) I like wearing shorts; 2) we had to switch offices 1/2 way through the summer, and now i'm alone on a new floor and I have no office mate, and it's the corporate floor, and i decided i don't want to do corporate, and i wish i was on a litigation floor; 3) I really have nothing to do other than move into said office; 4) I really don't want to wear a skirt (all my pants need to be brought to the cleaners); 5) I hate riding the T during commute hours.

    Isn't that enough reasons?

    Beloved and i saw Pirates today, and I found little to complain about. I didn't really like the ending, but won't do any spoilers. We also saw the Da Vinci Code, which was exactly what I was expecting -- nothing fabulous, but got me up on what all the rage is over.

    I'm reading a book .. finally one that's keeping my attention after many false starts. It may even be the first book I'll read all the way all summer. That's just wrong.

    Haven't heard much from the girly-q's this weekend, and i think it has me borderline depressed. I really don't wish unhappiness on them, but I also don't want them so happy that they forget about their momma. Middle ground, here, please!! The Ex left for a 5 day trip out of the country, so they're spending some real quality time with the Step-Mom. Thing Two's surgery is on Friday.

    I guess I should go and try to get some rest in honor of my 5:30 wake up call a la running.
    posted by Zuska @ 10:28 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At Monday, July 10, 2006 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said…

      >>>I really don't wish unhappiness on them, but I also don't want them so happy that they forget about their momma. Middle ground, here, please!!

      That's how I feel when i drop Lawbaby off at daycarfe. lately its been heartwrenching wails. Good times :-(

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: zuska
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    books
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    Who links to my website?